Monday, January 12, 2009

Remote


I haven't been taking many pictures lately, just trying to get back into the swing of things.
Over the weekend we couldn't find the remote and casually looked for it every now and again. Last night we still hadn't found it and we had everyone looking. We looked in drawers, under cushions, the toys boxes, upstairs...everywhere! I said that we needed to check the garbage, mostly kidding, but as a last resort Russ got the garbage outside in the big can (which never crossed my mind to look through THAT one!) I was ShOcKeD to see him pull it out of the garbage that had been outside! It had been nuzzled in between some papers that I remember throwing out. I don't know if it was me that threw it away, or the kids, but I've got to give a big shout out to Big Russ for fishing it out of the garbage!
Disaster diverted!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ha ha. Aidan loves throwing things away. I've found all sorts of Lego guys in the garbage, so it's a regular habit for me to look at the contents of the ones I know Aidan accesses. :-)

Russ said...

dumpster diving seems to be a family trait of mine that I have been trying to remove from my genes. so if it happens again.. it's gone... ;)

Becky said...

You are a much better wife than me. Once we lost our car keys and I was convinced Tad had taken them to work with him. I had to walk to the store (less than a mile away) and by the time Tad got home I was so mad at him I could barely speak. Well, after a lengthy search we also found them in the trash in the garage with everything else I had thrown out that day. I felt like such a goober!

Jenny said...

That is so funny! When Kelsey was little, she used to take it all over with her - including Grandma's house! It was her "magic buttons".... (don't remember having to go through the trash though - thank goodness!)