Friday, August 1, 2008

Hike

We went for a hike after Russ got off work today. It was a good day for a hike, not too hot and not too wet.


This is the biggest slug I have ever seen! I had to put my shoe next to it so you could see how big it was. We passed it twice, the first time it looked just like this the second time it was squished! Some runner must have not been looking where he was running. Ewwww!


There was a fun little stream along the way.


And this weird rock house/castle thingy along the way. We all loved it.

10 comments:

Mel said...

Glad you found the trail! We really like that hike....nice and close to home and always beautiful!

Laura said...

Yay! The backpack worked, and the weather cooperated! I want to know where that trail is . . . it looks really beautiful!

meg said...

Laura- thanks for the backpack, it worked awesomely! Logan loved it as well, he was just smiling the whole time...except for the pictures. The trail is just off Cornell going over the mountain towards downtown Portland, on the left side there's a pull off with a gravel parking lot. Can't miss it.

Carol said...

What a nice little hike...I was going to ask where it was too, but I see the answer already. We went all the way to Silver Falls today and hiked there.

The girls are cute each with their own little backpacks.
And that is a seriously frighteningly huge slug...we might not have as many bugs around here in Portland as other places I've lived, but the monstrous slugs make up for that bug ratio disparity.

Mauri said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so jealous of all that green, it makes me miss home. :(

Sara said...

Ummm. I would just YAK if I saw a slug that big! (Have I ever told you why I don't eat mushrooms? SICK!) ;{

Joey and Nettifer said...

that slug makes me sick - I can't believe someone stepped on it. I would have loved to see their reaction!
Also amazing scenary there! Wow - It is so amzing up there!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Wow! Everything is so green and lush! I don't think I have ever been anywhere like that. You are so lucky to live there. So much beautiful scenery!

MiNdY said...

SO much fun Meg! I love the beautiful pictures! That slug has to be the biggest one I have ever seen!

Our Family said...

That castle thing is SO NEAT! It seems like a perfect backdrop for pictures. I'm SO jealous!!

Oh also, I just LOVE Logan's cute shirt on the post after this one when you cleaned him up. It's good that they wash up so nice or I'd be in serious trouble! Will is into eating (and wearing) EVERYTHING that we are eating lately! SO FUN!