We went to pick berries today with the Young Women in our ward. We went to a place just up the street, it's crazy how close it is! The leaders and our kids outnumbered the Beehives easily, since there were only four of them. We still had a fun time, I brought my tupperware bowls and everyone got to work! The girls did really well, they filled their bowls up with raspberries and blackberries.

So proud of their picking skills.

The kids looking at the bird.


Busy working. I filled up 2 and gave another to Elisa to fill for me. With a price of only $6 for 5 full bowls I think we may go back!

I wasn't going to make jam, but I looked and found a box of pectin, so I made one batch. Mmmmm.
8 comments:
Yum! Lucky you live so close, I would be over there all of the time. When I was growing up we had huge blackberry bushes in our yard and we were out there everyday in the summer. We made blackberry everything: jam, syrup, ice cream, pies... I can't wait for our little blackberry bushes to start producing some fruit.
How sweet! Looks like you better get a pass to the berry patch and go there every day for awhile to freeze berries and makes more jam!
I'm jealous!
L
I probably would go pick more, but our one square cubit foot sizede freezer is so tiny it wouldn't be able to hold much more jam or berries! We'll have to go back in during peach season.
I so love raspberries! I would be going nuts there! Instead I am paying 4$ for a tiny little package of them! Sheesh!
That's one thing that I miss about WA is all the berries you can pick and they're everywhere!
Serious! Im jealous as well! Reminds me of picking berried at G. Grandmas! I would pay $20 to go pick what you did! I want a berry patch close by! :)
Time to buy a freezer! You would use it soooo much! Knowing you will find one on Craigs list for $50.00
I am jealous too!
That looks like so much fun! I would love to do something like that with Mads! Can we says Freezer Jam - yummy!
Post a Comment