Monday, May 5, 2008

Talk

Jaida gave a talk in Primary yesterday. She wrote it all by herself and drew pictures to go along with it. She practiced reading it 10 or more times before church and knew it very well. When she got up in front of everyone she was a bit nervous, but Sister Despain helped her through. Good job Jaida, we're so proud of you.


We had some friends over yesterday for dinner, it was such a beautiful day! Russ finally got his BBQ grill he's been wanting for 2 years, ever since we moved from MI we haven't had one. We tested it out yesterday and it was great, I'm sure I'll have more pictures of the Texan at his grill this week. Our friends have 4 boys and the girls loved them! They're so full of energy and keep them very entertained! Some of the boys climbed up into the tree, so after they'd gone Jaida had to get "tree climbing" shoes on so she could try. I'm bummed out I didn't get any pictures of dinner, we'll have to have Carol and George over another time!

7 comments:

Mauri said...

Very cute girls in the trees. I loved climbing trees when I was a kids, I wish we had some good climbing trees around here. Way to go Jaida with your awesome talk. I'm so proud of you for doing it all by yourself. What a big girl you are getting to be.

aLySsA said...

awesome jaida!! good job!

Sara said...

CUTE pics in the trees! We need a tree big enough for the boys to climb in... :(

Sara said...

OH! And GREAT job on the talk, Jaida! You are growing up so fast!

MiNdY said...

She did SO awesome on her Talk! Shes getting so big and independant! Love the tree pictures! Its hard to remember the camera when youre having such a fun time with other things.. Next barbeque! Im sure Russ already has it planned out!

Carol said...

Yeah--thanks for having us over, it was a lot of fun & we'll have to do it again for sure!!! I'm afraid of what other tricks the boys might teach your girls though...

Joey and Nettifer said...

that talk is adorable! I love it!What a sweetheart.
Cute tree climbers!