Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saturday

Saturday was pretty fun. We worked in the yard, ran errands, cleaned up the garage...so I can mess it up again, and played! After dinner we took the kids over to the church parking lot to let them ride their bikes. It's pretty hilly around here so we thought it would be better for Jaida to learn how to ride her bike there. After a few falls from both girls, Jaida still doesn't know how to ride a bike without training wheels and Jenna pretty much cried and whined the whole time...but then on the way home she kept saying "that was so much fun!" I'm confused.

Logan sat in the grass, a first, and wasn't sure if he liked it. I finally got a shot of him looking at me, he was trying to figure out what all that prickly green stuff was and had his head down most the time.


After the bike ride we came home and lit up the fire pit to roast some marshmallows, one of my favorite things to do.


After roasting the marshmallows we started playing marshmallow baseball. We were hitting those poor things pretty far. 3 went into the neighbors yard, so we started hitting them at the house. I hit some over the house, it was pretty fun!


7 comments:

Sara said...

Marshmallow Baseball! Wait til I tell my boys! :)

The PM said...

Fun!!!

Another great place to let the kids ride the bikes (and learn) is the track at Oak Hills Elementary. The path is wide enough and the grass provides some cushion!

Ezra & Lisa

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a fun weekend! What is it with kids and bikes! I don't remember it being this hard with me! Love marshmallow baseball. We will have to try that!

SIMCOX FAMILY said...

Marshmello baseball is new to me too! Seems like they wouldn't go very far. SO where did you learn about this thing with Marshmellos???

meg said...

You mean you haven't heard of marshmallow baseball??? It started way back on Saturday when we got Jaida's stick from the beach and tried to hit a marshmallow with it. We were hooked. You're right, Tye, they don't go very far unless you hit them just right! But, in this small yard that's just right! And, they don't break any windows. Perfect!

Our Family said...

You are seriously the cutest mom. I love the fun things you do with your cute cute kids. I am SOOO happy to hear that Jaida still uses training wheels. Joshua has only been riding without training wheels for a year and Sam isn't even CLOSE. I always feel so guilty when I see all these other kids riding two-wheelers that are TINY. Yesterday there was a boy riding on two wheels that was barely 4 and the bike was so small that my baby could have probably reached the pedals. CRAZY! I LOVE your marshmallow baseball, my boys would just go crazy with this!! How fun!!!

MiNdY said...

Looks like so much fun! I too will have to try the marshmellow baseball. Gotta do SOMETHING with the rest of those marshmellows after roasting them. Next time, try them when they are on fire!! ;) I love how green it looks there! SO beautiful!
Im glad Jaid is getting out TRYING to ride her bike. She will get it. Good job Jaid!