Last Sunday before church I was telling the girls I was going to be getting a new calling that day as the Beehive Advisor (12-14 year old girls), to which Jaida says with a little bit of silly attitude, "Why, cuz bees are comin' into the church?"
While we were eating dinner Jaida says, "Mom, that looks BIG and SPICEY like a TORNADO!" I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but it made me laugh.
While we run around the house and try to get each other Jaida yells out "RuN liKe a BiRd!" Hmm, I didn't know birds were known for their running.
I was just picking up around the house and Jenna must have been doing something she shouldn't have. When I came by her and she finally noticed me she said, "You SCARED me IN death!" Said with her sweet lisp makes me laugh.
4 comments:
Nice spoon on the nose, Jaida! And I like your shirt too! :-)
Awww.. that is so dang cute!! I love the beehive comment!! Thats great youre the beehive advisor! That will be a fun calling.
Ive been thinking I need to do this as well. Weston has been saying and doing some super funny things, and If I dont write them down I forget.. In no time! keep itup! Cause I love reading them too!
SOOO cute! So here's an idea for you... I have a divided recipe card file in my kitchen cabinet (right next to my other one with actual recipes...). In it I have a section for each of my boys. I record all of these little sayings, stories and the like on the recipe cards with the date and their age and then just file it away!
I love having it in the kitchen, because it is so handy and centrally located, and seems like that's where a lot of the action happens (mealtime, etc). I also love having it in a File Box (vs a notebook or something else), because I can pull them out individually if I am putting something together or looking for stories about a particular boy or even a particular subject. Also, then I don't lose them (ie your scrap of paper) because they are all in one place! If ever I am in a hurry, or out and about, I just jot it down on a post-it and then stick it into the recipe box to be transferred to a card when I have a chance. Sometimes when I am sitting down waiting while the boys are eating a snack, or doing homework, I just get it out flip through it or update it... So fun! Always makes me smile!
Anyway, it works GREAT for me! :)
adorable! I love what kids say!
Post a Comment