Here is the finished trunk. I finished painting it yesterday. I am using it to put our blankets in. I'd still like to have a cushion on top, we'll see. This picture makes it look a little red.
Here are the plans for it, pretty easy, just a box that opens. I got the hardware at Home Depot and spray painted it black...I just painted the circle with black paint...I'm so sneaky!

11 comments:
Are you kidding me?!! It looks BeTTeR than the pottery barn ones! Call me and tell me what you did. YOU are the PRO-MASTER
We need instructions. You need to write your own book or something with all of your ideas. Please move back closer!!! :)
You are kidding me! My gosh that is so awesome. Where did you get your hardware at? Adorable. I want to make a toy chest for Madelyn's room to put all her stupid toys in. Did I mention I am now on your boat. I DO NOT LIKE TOYS~!
Please put a drawing sketch, so I can see if I should attempt of just buy :)
Amazing! Is all I can say is we need to get you a TV show "Called I can make that in 1 hour for $20 bucks" I know I could do it too if you would just call me to come over when you are creating!!! Because I love tools and making stuff for cheap as much as I love scrapbooking. I still remember when I was cutting poles for stickers out on the curb at the store, some guy came along and said "Do you even know what you are doing? How do you know how to use a chop saw? He was freaking out thinking I was going to cut a finger off. I showed him!! That and running up a ladder when I did the store displays for JC Keepsake. Guys would freak when I would hop up on a ladder like a monkey. I am good on a ladder though!
Way to go Megan! I am going to make a headboard.....maybe
I don't like zillions of toys either. The kids don't play with them anyway when there is too many.
Wow! Looks great!
Okay. Seriously Megan, there is NO comparison. I can throw some paint on a wall, add some decorative pictures and letters and call it good. THIS is what you can do...oh, and have you checked out your artwork lately? You really should, it's on your blog, just click on the link. SOOO your comment on my blog saying "you should talk" now holds absolutely no water. So there!
On a side note, I actually thought I MIGHT be able to make this one. ONLY because I just made a little playdough drawer/table thingy that the boys can pull out and we can take it outside and dump it when the playdough fun is over. It looks similar to the "top" of your trunk, now I just have to figure out the bottom. :) BTW, what kind of wood did you use? LOVE the idea of a sitting area on the top! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the parade of homes idea. PLEASE keep sharing those! I need to get a little "idea file" going of my own. Oh, and I agree with the people above, you really SHOULD write a book! .....sorry for such a long post! :)
You are CRAZY! You finished that ALREADY! I work on way simpler projects for months...okay, years!
PS It looks great! When are you going to start selling them??
When I grow up, I want to be like you. :) Seriously, I don't know how you do it all! You rock.
You go girl with your madd woodworking skillz! I wouldn't be able to pay for the PB ones and I don't think I could make them, so I'd just do w/o!!!
I love it!
Post a Comment