Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck O' The Irish


I was pretty lucky this morning! I checked my email on Google before Jaida left for school and realized it was St. Patty's day! She was wearing a white shirt and jeans so I had to rummage through my plethora of stickers to fine a green bug! I grabbed some green raffia and got enough unraveled to stick it in her hair...I barely got it tied off and the bus came!

I guess it's not been that big of a day for me since I don't have to worry about people trying to pinch me for not wearing green. But, now that Jaida is in school it's a big deal again...I don't want her to have to run from people trying to pinch her. I must do better!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Good thing you "saved" Jaida from being pinched to death at school. It is a big deal once they hit elementary! This morning as the kids were eating breakfast, Emma was reminding Eli of the "pinching rules"--if someone pinches you and you have green on, you get to pinch them back 10 times. Hopefully Eli didn't find a lot of kids at school whose parents had forgotten :-) I may be getting a call from the principal . . .

Lynette said...

So I totally forgot to wear the green after my story on my Blog! I'm so glad Jaida won't be scared for life like myself.
Happy St. Patricks Day!
Love Auntie L

Joey and Nettifer said...

She will probably remind you next year, so no worries!

MiNdY said...

HaHa! Ive been there, but I didnt catch Alyssa one year at the bus stop. I realized it half way through the day and about died! The poor girl, after that every year Ive had a phobia about forgetting again! :) Hope you had a good green day!

Our Family said...

Okay, so the thing that I think is the funniest about this story is the fact that you forgot until 2 minutes before she had to leave, fixed her up Raffia and all and she probably looked cuter than EVERYONE else that day, like she'd planned it all along! :)