Sunday, December 9, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus

Saturday night the girls were pretty darn excited to see Santa Claus at our ward Christmas party! When we arrived at the church the line to see Santa was down the hall...let's just say we have 160 kids in our Primary! I took Jenna up before it was our turn so she could see what is was going to be like, I didn't want her to cry. After we saw him she was excited and told Jaida she had just seen Santa. So, when it was our turn they went up, got on his lap and took the picture. They didn't have much time to talk about what they wanted, just a quick hello and photo. Santa told them to write him a letter to tell him what they'd like...which Jaida did today.
After Santa they had a nice dinner for the ward. I could not believe how many tables were up and how many people came. It looked like a stake dinner instead of a ward dinner, the whole gym was filled with tables.After dinner was the entertainment portion of the evening. The Westview High musical group came to sing us a few Christmas songs. It was really nice, they had us all singing and having a great time.
Jaida really started getting into it when they sang this song, I think it was a combo of the Nutcracker and Jingle Bells. The guys were ballerinas in the front row, Jaida kept talking about it the rest of the night. It was fun.


2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What an awesome ward christmas party! What good times! I am so impressed that not one of your kids were scared of Santa! Very cute!

MiNdY said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Thats so great you have so many people and kids in your ward. I remember lines when we were little at the ol' Granger 15th ward, being so long to see santa. Theres probably five kids that go there now.