
It's been an emotional weekend for our family! My sweet little Nephew, Bronson (Matt and Sara's youngest boy) drowned in the tub and has been in ICU at Primary Children's in Utah. He has been in a medically induced coma since yesterday, he has a good heart beat, all of the early tests are positive. They started to take him out of the coma to see how he responds, he was responding well, the doctors were very excited to see that. He was opening his eyes and moving a lot. They treated him again with the paralytic until tomorrow so he can continue to heal.
After first hearing the news my heart sank, I felt sick and was driven to my knees. We immediately left the store we were in and had a family prayer in our car. Thank goodness for Russ, when I am crying I just can't talk. We came home I had to do something so I went to the temple, I am so grateful for the peace and comfort I felt during and after my time there. What a blessing to know why we are here on this earth, and to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and a testimony of the plan of salvation! The Holy Ghost has been evident in abundance lately, how grateful I am for this constant companion!
We continue to pray for Bronson, Matt, Sara and their boys! We love you!
Update: 2-1, 7:45pm
They will start warming Bronsons temperature which is a 10-12 hour process.. So they won't be taking him off the meds until tomorrow sometime. They lightened the meds again today for a few minutes and my mom said they sang him his favorite primary song and he started wiggling! Yay!! Still praying everything is great! Again, Sara has been working on her blog when she gets some time and I'm sure will have something posted tonight. Keep checking for that. ♥ PLEASE extend prayers especially tonight and in the morning. Tomorrow will be the big day!
Update 2-2, 8:40am
This came from Matt: They will start to wake him up soon and keep him awake. He has fluid around his right lung that is partially collapsing it. hopefully he can cough it out when he wakes up
Here are some family blogs that may have news as well:
8 comments:
Amen!
Oh my goodness...that's a parent's worst nightmare! I hope it all turns out ok!
We are sure praying and fasting for Bronson here in California. Regardiing the book I had no idea your daughter was the cover girl - so cool! I need her to autograph my book now.
Megan - my heart hurts from reading this! Please post on his status. Thank goodness we have a place to go and be in the temple to get away! I am so sorry. My worst nightmare!
That's sooo terrible. I hope everything turns out well for them. How old is he? Reminds me of our little guys. It's seriously a parents worst fear and something you just can't imagine. Keep us posted. He's adorable!
I'm so glad it sounds like he's going to be OK. I can't imagine how really, really scary that must have been for everyone. We're still thinking about you.
We are all praying for him and all of his family, too. We hope he continues to respond and recover.
JoAnn
Oh,I am so sorry, that's terrible!! We pray he is doing well and makes a full recovery. Please give us an update on his condition.
Post a Comment