Monday, January 11, 2010

Four Teeth Gone

Got my wisdom teeth out Friday morning, and it's been a fun weekend! Friday and Saturday were just fine, I was on my meds and wasn't in a lot of pain. I thought, "hey, this is easy!" so I started taking Advil. Yesterday wasn't so fresh, and today I'm still feeling the pain. I'm swelling up and have a nice bruise that looks like I have a goatee on one side of my face. I tried to take a picture with the webcam, but it doesn't show it in all it's glory, it's much darker in real life.

9 comments:

Mauri said...

You poor thing. Your Mom felt so guilty last night about not calling you right away to see how you were doing. I think it is hard for her to not be close enough to take care of you. Hope you are feeling better soon! What did that dentist do? Punch you out or something?

Bybee family said...

Oh, I'm sorry, that looks miserable! I guess be glad you did this while you are young! Those wisdom teeth get harder to get out the older you are.

angie said...

oh man. Hope you feel better soon. Its hard to play basketball when you feel like you have been hit by a train! and to think I have this to look forward to in a few short months. Nooooooooooo. and you make the ice pack head wrap look oh so gooood.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Ohy gosh I am so sorry. I hope you ate getting lots of help. Get feeling better soon and get back on the good mess

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

You don't make this look fun! I still have to get my wisdom teeth out....someday???

The Gathering Place said...

Sorry! Not a fun thing to go through!

Lynette said...

I was thinking it didn't sound right when you said it wasn't that bad.... I remember the first couple of days being rough not the 3rd or 4th day. But it was eon's ago for me so what do I know. hope from here on out it is easy going! love ya get better soon!

Carolyn said...

I can't believe you've had them until now!
You didn't go to an oral surgeon I take it? I did because I remember my older siblings having such an awful experience! My experience wasn't bad at all! Sorry!
I hope you feel better soon. Being a mom too, I wish that someone would take care of you, but I'm sure, like the rest of us that fantasy only is reality for a few minutes!

meg said...

I actually did go to an oral surgeon, because of the same reason. I remember my bro coming home all like he was drunk, throwing up in the bushes...I didn't want to do it. My dentist kept bugging me to get them out, so I finally said OK.