Monday, December 22, 2008

The Drive!

We set a record for the longest drive to Utah on Saturday morning. We left Portland at 5:30am and all was great until we hit the Gorge, the roads became snow packed and it was blizzard like conditions. I didn't take any pictures of that area because I was sure we were going to die and it was dark outside anyway. We were going 20 mph a lot of the time, when we hit 40 mph I had hope that we could make it. After The Dalles it started to clear up, but the roads were still snowy when we changed lanes.


When we were going over the Blue Mountains it was so beautiful! We were grateful the weather was good over this part of the drive. The trees were so beautiful flocked with snow!


Another view of the blue sky and awesome trees.

By the time the trip was over (only 14.5 hours) we were spent, emotionally I was drained, physically I was sore from turning around so much to help sick little Logan. The girls did awesome, I was so proud of them! We witnessed a pretty bad accident on the way which left us speechless for a long time! We are So GrAtEfuL to have made it the 800 miles safely and know we had some help from above! Thank you family and friends for your prayers in our behalf!
We are so happy to be here with our family and friends and wish all of you a very MeRRy ChRiStMaS!

3 comments:

Andrea and Kasey said...

Glad you made it safe!! mErRy ChRiStMaS!

Jenny said...

So glad you made it safely! See you this weekend!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am so glad you guys made it safe - I would be so tired just from the stress. Thanks for going through all that to make for a visit! SEe you saturday.
Have a wonderful Christmas!