Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hood To Coast

Russ ran in the Hood to Coast race over the weekend. If you ever want to know how crazy of a relay race it is. It's a 12 person relay. You start at a base camp of Mount Hood and then run till you can't run anymore because you are at the Pacific Ocean. Ya, it's 197 miles. The fastest team ever did it in just under 16 hours. Which basically means they are running almost 4:30 mile pace for 197 miles. Ya they are freaks. Me, I just started running a little less than a year ago again. I tried back in Michigan, but never really got the hang of it. I am still on the slow side.. but hey, when I have I ever done anything fast... If you want to find out more about it... you can go to www.hoodtocoast.com

Ya, I never thought I would be running a relay.. let alone a 24 hour relay.


I helped make the shirt for this year's team... It blends a little of last years with some new stuff for this year.



Here he is with his gold medal, the girls are convinced that he won the whole race because of his gold medal!


This is me in the van on the way up to our first leg.

This is our Luxury SUV... you can't fit 7 Adults in this with all our gear and food. It's a good thing we had the overhead carrier or I would have been riding on the top. We did have cool graphics to put on the vans...




This is one of our teammates. Leo has 3 of the nike Swift Suits.. One for each leg of the race. He's quite the spectacle for everyone to watch.

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

very impressive -

Mauri said...

Russ, you are insane! Some of our friends keep trying to get us to run the Wasatch Back race which is like what you did. I keep telling them they are crazy! They think it is so much fun but I am not really a runner and I really like to sleep. Congrats and good job on your race. Good luck with the kids this weekend. Thanks for letting Megan come out and have some fun with us!

Lynette said...

I did not even know you were into running!! When did this start? Then to do this race is crazy. I would ride my bike if it was flat terrain!! ! Way to go Dude!

I guess your new nickname is "Running Man"!!

Sara said...

Yikes for the Nike Swift Suit... will we be seeing those in the next Olympic Games? ;}

As for the race, way to go Big Russ! Keep up the good work! You are getting a ll in shape and buff now that you have that beautiful campus to run on every afternoon and all those shoes to choose from! :)

By the way, i totally LOVED seeing Michael Phelps wearing YOUR shoes on National TV! Way to go!