Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Bust!

Monday was so sunny and nice we headed to the coast to enjoy the sun, sand and waves! It was so beautiful until we actually got to the beach! It was cold, windy, foggy and miserable! We decided to brave the weather for a bit and let the kids play in the sand. We ended up braving the cold for a little more than an hour before we decided to head into Tillamook and get some ice cream at the cheese factory.


This is how the girls tried to stay warm...



Logan got to dip his feet into the ocean for the first time...then it was straight back to the blanket to warm up again!


It was still a fun family day!

6 comments:

Russ said...

This was a fun day. I was glad to leave work early. now we just need a beach cam...

Jenny said...

How fun! You're so lucky to have the beach so close. Our Great Salt Lake down the road just doesn't compare!

aLySsA said...

Thats fun! I wished we lived by the beach that would be so fun!

Joey and Nettifer said...

You guys do so much fun stuff - I can't believe the beach is cold. I remember not wanting to get in the water either when I was there, but I can't remember when we went either.

I would have given up the beach to to to Tillamock cheese - yummy!

Mauri said...

I'm jealous! Your kids get to do all the fun stuff I got to do as a kid. Personally I loved the cold beaches. We have lots of pictures of me and my brothers and sister in our winter coats at the beach!

MiNdY said...

You guys have way too much fun!I can't wait til the day I get to come up and go to the beach with you guys! Even when its miserable it looks like so much fun!