Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ward Beach Day

Today was our ward beach day at Cape Lookout state park, as soon as we got out of the mountain range it started sprinkling on the car. We didn't check the weather before we left, so we had a change of plans. Ward beach day turned into a stop at the cheese factory and a trip to Cape Meares to look at the fancy lighthouse. I barely grabbed the jackets for the kids, I'm so glad I did!


Jenna showed us what to do with a beach pail when you can't go to the beach.


After lunch and ice cream at the cheese factory we headed over to see the lighthouse.







It was a really fun lighthouse, we got to go inside and take a look around the top. What a view!


We stopped to check out the octopus tree, which was really pretty cool. It was huge, 50 feet in circumference!

5 comments:

Russ said...

thanks for getting me to hike up that hill, the tree was really cool to see.

Sara said...

Oh, I LOVE Cape Meares! Isn't that lens in the Lighthouse cool? I took many-a-photo on the days that I went there... And I totally remember the Octopus Tree being so awesome... my boys would LOVE it! Kind of creepy and cool, even! :)

Sara said...

Oh, and I forgot to say... it looks like you can cross that off of Jenna'e "Bucket List"! :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

what an amazing view at that place - wow! I love Oregon! Love that amazing tree and did you get to eat any squeeky cheese from the cheese factory? Yummy! GOod times!

MiNdY said...

Oh my GORGEOUS!!!!! I love all your pictures! Meg, can I book a flight to come up there.. like tomorrow? :) Freakin awesome pictures!!