Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weather


Since I haven't got anything better to talk about at the moment, let's talk about the weather!
Is this some sort of joke? Last year at this time we were at the fountains almost every day, I remember thinking as a bus went by how sad it was that the kids were still in school! We're still wearing jackets to go outside, and it's starting to get a little annoying!
Maybe this is the type of summer that made people think that it's OK not to have air conditioning in Portland...

8 comments:

Carol said...

I know--this is SO ANNOYING!!! Global warming, my fill-in-the-blank. Seems like ever since Spring Break it's been just dreary cold and rainy with just these awful teases once in a blue moon of sunny skies and heat for a single solitary weekend only to return to this misery. I want summer and I want it now. I remember last year too and how much nicer it was. ANNOYING. And just to illustrate once again how irritatingly un-summerish it is, look up the forecast for Fairbanks, Alaska like I just did...

meg said...

Ah, I already know about Alaska! My parents got back from their cruise there and said it was sunny and beautiful the whole time!

MiNdY said...

Serious.. Today in the good ol Salt Lake valley I craved a bowl of soup, a blanket and a movie!! Its JUNE 4TH!!

Mauri said...

Personally I am loving the nice rainy weather. I did have a big bowl of soup for dinner and a mug of hot chocolate this afternoon. Bring it on! I can totally wait for the 90 degree weather, give me 60s any day. It's the Bay Area Girl in me talking. :)

angie said...

Sorry, i kind of like the rain too! mabey because my air conditioner is making a funny noise again, but i don't have to go water the lawn!! really its a toss up.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am with you on this one sister! It has been raining for two days now and freezing cold. Our heater came on last night! I want to be outside playing and swimming, but nope we are inside cuddling trying to keep warm - somethign is wrong here.

Laura said...

Amen, Amen, Amen. Although I really don't want that 95 degree weather quite yet. I'll just take some 80's.

Our Family said...

SERIOUSLY!!! So so so seriously. So so so so so seriously. I know exactly what you mean and it's driving me CRAZY. Yesterday the weather man said it was going to be 80 degrees so I excitedly got ready to blow up the pool in the back yard for the kids until I actually walked outside and FROZE. I thought WHAT THE HECK! It's supposed to be 80 STINKING DEGREES TODAY! GRRRRRR. I think it did EVENTUALLY get there, at like 5pm or something. BORING. I'm SO TIRED of 50-60 degree weather in the (almost) middle of June. Thanks for letting me vent. :) I love your blog!