Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Great Grandma Alta!

Today is my Great Grandma's 97th BiRtHdAY! It seems so crazy to me that my Great Grandma is still alive, my kids have a Great Great Grandma! I have so many fun memories with her up in Idaho. As kids we'd go every summer in July to Oakley, Idaho. We'd go to the Oakley rodeo, tie quilts in the Quiltin' Hilton, pick raspberries, tie quilts, crochet rag rugs, ride motorcycles, tie quilts...I think my kids have 2 or 3 quilts each from their Great Great Grandma!


In this picture below I was laughing so hard because Mindy was trying to take a picture of all of us, but Grandma wouldn't look. She just kept quilting and talking, she's always got something to say.


This last picture was taken last summer at our familiy reunion, Grandma is holding Jaida's and Jenna's hand. Those are some strong hands, they still haven't stopped working!

They're having a party tomorrow in Idaho, I wish we could go! Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE these photos! Especially the last "Hands" photo. (Sad that I couldn't get my boys off the merry-go-round long enough to take one like that of them with her...)

We love "Grandma Great"! It is indeed a wonder and a blessing to have her in our family! :)

Christine said...

I love the hands picture. That is so neat. What a great idea-I may have to copy.
PS I do remember starting the "big Russ" thing. That's so funny that it stuck. Doesn't that seem so long ago??
I will never forget the mouse trick you played on me. I am scarred for life!

Lynette said...

I didn't know you took that hands picture. I love it too! I need to take one tomorrow with my hands. I should take one of grandmas,dads,mine Rachelle's and Cody's all linked. Landen is not going.
Thanks for the great idea. You need to do a scrapbook page for each of your girls with that picture. It's so special.
Too bad my hands already look like hers. I might not be able to tell hers from mine!
We will miss you, I will take lots of pictures since your mom won't.

Carol said...

Wow, that's impressive that your great-grandma is still up & thriving! She sounds like a wonderful lady. You guys all look great and that hands photo is priceless...

Mauri said...

We missed you at the party. Grandma still had a lot to say. She looked great, I'll put up some pictures on my blog from the party. Have a happy Easter, we love you guys.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I so love that grandma. I love that i have been up to her place and that i have two quilts that were made from her house. Do you remember us taking turns pushing us around the street on a dollie? Good times! I can't believe that she is 97! wow!