Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Finished Project

I've been working on Jaida and Jenna's room the past week. Russ got the mattresses last weekend and we went to get some wood Monday morning. I built the beds Monday and finished painting them last night. I left them pretty plain because I wanted to put some matching fabric (or some tin tiles) on the headboard when I find different bedspreads...which will mean I'll have to do a new painting as well...I can see Russ' eyes rolling right now. :)

When we moved Jenna into Jaida's room before Logan was born it was so crazy. Jaida's bed was a full size and Jenna was in a twin sized bed that I had made from a hand me down mattress and some MDF. Jaida's room is shabby chic and Jenna's was surfer girl themed. Let's just say I couldn't stand to be in their room for very long! They still have the same bedding as before, that will have to stay the same until I can find something we love...actually I did find something I loved at Thanksgiving Point in Utah, but I would have to take out a loan to buy it!

10 comments:

Mauri said...

You are incredible! I am so jealous of all your mad skills. And where do you find the time to do this stuff?! Can I hire you to come do stuff around my house? I would pay you very well!!!!! Love you guys, the beds look totally cute.

Bybee family said...

Who decides they're just going to make their own beds?! You are one amazing woman! The beds look incredible and I love the painting.

Sara said...

sheesh, how much did those cost? they have to be store boughts. those type of beds can only be produced by Fetzers (the same wood company that built pres. hinkleys pulpit). NICE!!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

those bed frames rock! I have mine caulked and sanded and primed. waiting to paint mine with the doll house I am making. Yours turned out awesome! You even did a footboard and bed rails -wow! You never stop amazing me!

Mel said...

You amaze me! The beds look great. Bet it feels good to check one project off your list!

Laura said...

WOW! I just keep finding out about all these amazing talents you have! You must have snuck the bed-building in before you and the girls went on your treasure hunt with the homemade binoculars! You are such a good mom---how do you do it all?? And you always have a smile on your face!

Unknown said...

Um, hello!
Just popping in to say hi!
Don't know why I haven't before!
Love the painting and the beds, and I totally know what you mean about having to take out a second mortgage for home decor!!!
And... I don't know what color your hair really is, but I like it dark! You look fabulous!!!

MiNdY said...

You are pretty much AMAZING! They look SO awesome! You did so good. So bright and cheerful, and they look comfy! Lucky girls and husband to have such a talented Mom and Wife!

Anonymous said...

They turned out so great - I totally think the foot board makes them look so finished, it looks like you put that fancy door frame molding at the sides over the 2 x 4's is that what you did

Nicolle said...

Your beds turned out awesome and I love the butterfly picture too, you put me too shame. Just found your blog site from Ashley's, my oh my where do you guys find the time?