
My Dad called us tonight to tell us President Hinckley (President and Prophet of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) passed away. I can't help but feel saddened by this news, I have learned so much from this great man, and am truly grateful for his life and example.
I have truly grown to love this man, and I am going to miss him dearly! He has made me a better person and encourages me to want to become just a little better each day. He has accomplished so much, The Family: A Proclamation To The World, the Perpetual Education Fund, building Temples, the Conference Center, just to name a couple. He has given hundreds of talks, each time uplifting and strengthening me. I was just on the treadmill the other day watching this talk on the BYU channel. I remember the first time I heard this talk in Michigan with the youth, I was inspired and have tried to live by his wise counsel.
I thank Thee, O God for a Prophet...Gordon B. Hinckley!
4 comments:
love him. so happy he is with his sweet wife
So sad to see him go, but I know he must be so happy to move on and get to be back with his lovely wife.
Gosh, I thought I was going to be so sad when he passed. But honestly, I felt so at peace knowing he was so ready and his sweet wife was waiting for him. Who is ever more ready than the prophet? It will be so hard not to see him get up and speak in conference next time. But he did so much good, and we all know he has somewhere better to be now. What a great man!
What a great post. I too felt saddened but yet so happy for him to just be in heaven with his wife and so much that is waiting for him. How would it be to be so loved by SOO many! I dont know about you, but he reminds me of Dad. Just so caring and christlike. How lucky are we?!
Post a Comment