Sunday, November 11, 2007

3017 Eucalyptus Way

A couple days ago my brother Matt sent some photos of the home we grew up in. I've been thinking about it since I got that email and have been flooded with memories! This is where they brought me home from the hospital and I lived until I was 18. I don't think I could have had a better childhood, or greater memories.

My parents moved into their new home about 5 years ago, so we don't get up to the old neighborhood very often. I said I could tell that we didn't live there anymore because of the dirty gutters and the out of control bushes. My parents were always finding something to work on with this house to make it better, and I was usually there to help...and learn.

I remember sleep over parties on the trampoline, kick the can, Matt skiing off the roof, every kind of re-model we could do to a house, my room I shared with Mindy until they turned it into a walk-in closet, Christmas mornings, laughter, tears (me running the fence over with the truck), Julianne coming to get me to go toilet papering in the middle of the night and having to push that Cadillac down the street before we started the beast...Ahhh, memories...I could go on and on. So, thanks Mom and Dad for working so hard to create such a wonderful home for our family!
I saw this old picture of me in front of the house on the first day of school. I couldn't believe how skinny that tree trunk is! Don't make fun of my "peddle pushers" as my Mom called them!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a walk down memory lane- Have we really known each other that long? WOW! We had good times.

MiNdY said...

Wow... Isnt that sad? They need to trim those bushes, paint that fence, and sweep that gutter. Why was I left out on the email? Its crazy because I go out that way for work every other day and Ive gone by a couple times.. Makes me ALMOST wish we still had it, and that I was 10 again! There are SO many good memories! Total trip down memory lane! I love it! Thanks for posting this one!