Monday, August 2, 2010

House

 Meg, first day of Kindergarten, 1982

While in Utah I was able to drive past the old house.  This is the house I spent 18+ years in, it's always a little weird to drive past and have the memories come rushing back.  Each night I tell my girls a bedtime story, some nights it's a made up story most nights it's a true story of me growing up.  It was so fun to show them where I fell and skinned my knee, where I learned to ride "my bike" (actually, it was Brad Bess' bike, cause I didn't have one), where we had to shovel the snow off the roof because it had snowed too much, I showed them the shed that we had our clubhouse in...I could have stayed there for hours showing them the house that built me.
 Jenna, Logan, Jaida, July 2010

3 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

It was a great house and I also have good memories of being in it. I'm glad you had a good vacation. Too bad we didn't get to cross paths. Maybe we need another "family" bbq.

Kristina said...

Your post brought back memories for me, too! Did you know Kevin lives on your old street now? So everytime I go to visit him I get to drive by your place. Oh, and I get to drive by my old house, too. :) It is strange driving past our house knowing someone else lives there now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck Meg LOVE the socks - I love that you took your kids back there look at that tree and how much it ias grown - so fun!
Love, Julianne