Friday, October 9, 2009

Special Lighting Effects Challenge

This past weeks challenge has been a lot of fun!

The first one I did I used the girls' "halo" light from their bedroom, placed it around my camera and took a few pics in a dark room (my closet).

This is Jenna with eyes and mouth cut out of paper, holding a black light.

I went into the scary night with this shot. I drove up the road to the farms, no street lights, very dark! It was a little spooky just by myself!

A trip to IKEA, love this cluster of lights.

I've been intrigued by light writing and have wanted to try it, so I did. The first night I went into the backyard after the kids were in bed and started writing. The pictures were all blurry, not enough light to focus on anything. So, the next day I went into the garage and could turn on the lights to make sure it was in focus, turned out the lights and started writing. Plus, I could do this in the middle of the day during nap time/preschool time.

The next day I wanted some pictures of Jenna, so we took some using a lamp and black background. They turned out fine, but after that she wanted to try some light writing of her own. We had fun coming up with some fun things, then came up with this one. This was much more interesting than the others.

These shots are some from both days that I didn't use in the challenge.

Jenna spinning the light.

J writing around me.


This weeks challenge, "Signs Of The Season, Welcome Fall"

7 comments:

jenny p said...

I love that picture of you. SO cool. Oh, and what perfect eyebrows you have!

Mauri said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love the ones in the garage.

Kristen said...

These are amazing!!

Lynette said...

I do not get it at all how you did these pictures especially the LOVE one . Amazing

The Gathering Place said...

Wow! Cool pictures. I can't even imagine how you took them.
JoAnn

Mel said...

Those pictures are awesome! You amaze me every week with your photo challenge. I love the first pic of you....cool!

MiNdY said...

LOOOOOOVVEEE THEESSEE!!!!!!!! !!! !!!!