Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pros and Cons

Pros to having our 3 year old know how to write her name: She can write her name and entertain herself in church by doing so. She has high self esteem and is so proud of herself for writing her name.

Cons to having our 3 year old know how to write her name: Writing her name on a just re-painted night stand.

At least we know exactly who to go to when we find such things.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

OHHHH how I feel your pain! Mr. Clean magic erasers! Sadly, we've dealt with this far too often. My favorite is when we ask Ava "did you color on the table?" to which she says "No, Liza did" and the table says AVA, clearly in her handwriting. Love it.

Clara said...

I know these moments are probably inevitable but I am dreading them! :) Ashlee does seem to be the pro though and Mr. Clean magic erasers do wonders.

Lynette said...

I am shocked! Your girls seem to never do anything bad. I'm glad to know they are normal after all!

Jenny said...

Well, at least for the most part, it's an easy fix. Kelsey CARVED her name into our kitchen table (with a fork)- right after I sanded and re-finished it. I'm sure we'll look back and laugh.....someday.

Mauri said...

I just had to laugh. Our kids have written their names on just about everything. We too have had them carved into our kitchen table. My name is still scratched into the piano at my Mom's house. At least I did it underneath where it isn't as noticeable.