Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hop 'Til You Drop

We made a 48 square hop-scotch on our driveway yesterday. The weather has been really rainy and crappy the past little while, so it's nice to have some sun!


Jaida has finally mastered the art of balance on her scooter! For her next trick, she will master her bike...hopefully the scooter balancing will cross over nicely to the bike! Look at that, she's so confident in her riding she can look and smile for a photo!

6 comments:

Mauri said...

So much fun! 48 squares, that's alot of hopping. Mike would probably have a fit if I drew a hopscotch that big on the driveway. :)

MiNdY said...

HaHa.. Thats awesome Jaid! I would have wrecked if I looked over at your mom taking my picture.
And nice Idea on the hopscotch! I Vant to play!

Lynette said...

Once again you are so CLEVER! I would of never thought to extend hopscotch beyond 10 squares. I thought that would be against the rules!! ha-ha Way to go Megan. You are such a fun creative Mom. In fact I had a friend make a hopscotch in her basement on the cement when my kids were little. I would of never dared do that until I saw her do it. I obviously did not know how to have fun back then.
Way to go! I want to go play hopscotch too.
How about 4 square tomorrow.

Laura said...

Good Job Jaida! Eli still doesn't know how to ride a bike--he's too afraid of falling down. Maybe we'll master that this summer?!

I'm glad to know what those "number circles" are on your driveway. I thought it was some sort of complex game, but it's just a cool version of hopscotch!

Sara said...

WOW! I never knew hopscotches came that big! We'll have to try to top it out in the cul-de-sac! Of course the neighbors may not approve... but I guess it will wash away with the rain, right? :)

Our Family said...

Seriously Megan!! I want to be you when I grow up. (have I said this before and aren't you YOUNGER than me?) My Joshua would never come inside if I helped him make a giant hopscotch like that!! How does it work as far as the "throwing on the numbers" part of the playing goes....I'm dying to try this. LOVE IT!!