Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ears Pierced

Jaida wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday! She's been talking about it for a while, so I thought why not. She was pretty nervous about it and I had to calm her down. She kept not wanting to but when I'd ask if she wanted to leave she said no.


This is the face she kept making, she was pretty scared. She finally let the lady do one ear and she cried a bit, then got the other side. I think she was still in shock when we went back to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, about half way through dinner she was getting really excited about them! They're pretty cute, little pink flowers. I tried to get a close up, but the lighting was too dark...I'll have to get one tomorrow.

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a brave little girl! Ouch! I love that little sister is standing next to her for support. I remember piercing my own, since my mom wouldn't let me! You are one cool mom!

MiNdY said...

Jaida, You are SO brave!! I cant wait to show Lys.. she is going to think you are SO cool and tough! YaY!!

Mauri said...

Jaida, I can't believe you got your ears pierced! You are braver than me. I waited until I was twelve. I wonder if Michela is going to start bugging me now about getting her ears pierced. I don't know, she's not really into jewelry and girly stuff yet.

Sara said...

Oh, I sooo remember being terrified to get my ears pierced! My mom made me wait until I was 12... TWELVE! We went on my birthday and I was so excited until they did a 3 month old baby girl right in front of me and she screamed and scared me out of it... I went back again an hour later and chickened out... finally, another hour and a half later, my mom said this was my last chance. I've been happily pierced ever since.

I can't believe Jaida is so brave! :) Way to go, Big Girl!