Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Vacation

I'm going to have to take this slow, I have 230 pictures that I took with my new camera and about 50 on my Rebel. Let's start from the beginning, the long drive to Utah. We've driven to Utah about 4 times now and haven't had any problems, this time was a bit different. We left when Russ got off work at noon and started on our way. We started noticing a noise in the front wheel, sounded like something was stuck in the wheel. We stopped at the rest stop and when we slowed down the sound got louder and louder and sounded like the wheel was going to fall off. My promaster hubby Russ got on the phone and had a dealer in Hermiston call his employees back to fix the truck. We had about a 20 minute drive to the dealer, we were all on pins and needles wondering what was wrong! Turns out they had to replace the wheel hub, it had metal shavings all inside...CRaZy! They let us borrow a car to get something to eat and by the time we were done eating the truck was fixed and waiting for us! We felt so blessed that was such a quick fix! We drove another few hours to Boise and stayed the night.

The next day we finished the drive to Lehi, it was so much fun to surprise my parents! They were both gone when we got there, but my Dad was on his way back to the house (I called him to see what he was up to). We left Logan just inside the door and hid the rest of us. When he came in he saw just Logan, who was sleeping, and wondered whos baby was sitting in the doorway asleep. We came out from around the corner and yelled "Merry Christmas!" His face was priceless and so surprised, it was the best.

My Mom was still running errands, so my Dad called her cell and told her he had bought something and to come home and see it. She came home, finally...she came in the garage door while we all went out the front door. I called her on the home phone from my cell and was talking to her. I asked her if she could watch the kids for me (like I do all the time when I call)
she said sure so I rang the doorbell. She came to the door telling me on the phone to hold on, we all yelled "Merry Christmas!" She was so happy to see all of us, it was so much fun to surprise them both! I told Russ we should have surprised his parents as well, but he said he didn't want to scare them to death. So, they got the surprise phone call from him. :)

No comments: